Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Flavored Ice Cubes

Not really a recipe.. just sharing an idea I have been having a lot of fun with this summer.  I have been making flavored ice cubes.  Freezing different herbs and fruits and veggies into ice cubes and then putting them in zip lock bags to use through out the winter ( or as long as they last )   So far I have done lemons and limes and oranges.... blueberries and raspberries some different mints and lavender and lemon balm.





Now when I want a little flavor in my drink I just pop a couple of ice cubes into my water and as they melt they freshen my drink with flavor.  I love that I can do different flavor combos. My favorite right now is the chocolate mint and lavender ... the peppermint in the ice cubes with some fresh apple slices in the water is pretty good too.  What flavor do you love in your water?

1 comment:

  1. Great Idea....I have to do this! I might have to make coffee cubes too since when I make iced coffee it always gets watered down as the ice melts.

    ReplyDelete