Monday, January 31, 2011

Apple Streusel Muffins



I just used a basic muffin recipe, this one is from the Fannie Farmer Cookbook which I love and have made many many recipes from.

2 cups of flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons sugar

Mix together well

Add ( you want to just add these in gently you do NOT want to super mix this.. you want it lumpy not smooth )

1 slightly beaten egg
1cup of milk
1/4 cup melted butter

Topping ( I am guessing here on the measurements, I just sort of melt some butter and then mix in a bit more sugar than flour to get a crumbly texture I can sprinkle on the cupcakes )

2 Tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
cinnamon and nutmeg to flavor

These are super easy and taste great.. you can add just about anything to them. I love them plain like this with a streusel topping and decided this time to use up a couple of apples I had laying around too soft to eat. I peeled and chopped them up and I was going to add them to the batter like I have done before ( blue berries are awesome in these too ) but decided to go for the surprise factor. I scooped some batter into the muffin tin and then added the apples, sprinkled with a little of the streusel, layered with more batter then covered with the streusel and baked.

( about 350 for about 20 minutes )


~Michelle

7 comments:

  1. Those look divine!!! So I'm now going to have to hike and extra few miles but it will be worth it to have a taste. This is a beautiful blog! I'm delighted to be a new follower and look forward to many more ways to feed my family through your inspiring posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to see you here :) Thanks for visiting and following and leaving a comment... hope you come back and share your recipes here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one delicious picture of your muffins, especially with that big chunk of apple just peeking out. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your muffins up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oohhh these look delicious! Thanks for sharing your recipe. These are on my 'must bake' list for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look divinely moist! MMM! I LOVE muffins - they're like eating dessert. And streusel topping can't be beat! Thanks -

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so moist! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea. They look delicious.:)

    ReplyDelete