Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Soft Pumpkin Cookies



Old fashioned soft pumpkin cookie recipe. I have been making these at least once a year for as long as I can remember and they are a super easy cookie that everyone seems to love. They are soft almost like a pumpkin bread. We love to eat them with a dab of cool whip to dip them in. In the picture I made a cinnamon glaze.. just a little bit of butter and some powdered sugar with vanilla and cinnamon.. mixed with a little bit of water until thin then drizzled over.

Mix together and set aside

2.5 cups of flour
1tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
1tsp cinnamon
.5 tsp nutmeg
.5 tsp salt

Cinnamon and nutmeg are to flavor.. I add at least twice that amount


Mix in a large bowl

1.5 cups sugar
.5 cup of butter ( 1 stick )
1 cup pumpkin
1 large egg
1tsp of vanilla

Mix dry ingredidants into wet and stir well... drop by teaspoons onto cookie sheet and bake about 15-18 minutes at 350 degrees.

I always make at least a double batch and most the time I triple it.

1 comment: