Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Peanut Butter Brownies

This post will take me longer to write than making these brownies took.. Problem is.. I keep having to stop to sneak a bite. These are everything wonderful about brownies, chocolate and Peanut Butter! So soft and chewy and flavorful. I found this recipe on the best baking site I know of... Java CupCakes, this is the 4th recipe I have tried from there and the 4th that I have Loved! ( 3 of them are peanut butter and chocolate combos..hmmm) I changed the recipe up just a little bit... so be sure and check hers out as it is a little different and looks oh so wonderful, with maybe a bit more chocolate in it *hint*



1 sticks unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter ( I used freshly ground honey roasted from BelleWoodsAcres* )
1 large egg
1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cups all-purpose flour
dash salt

I mixed this up and spread it in a square baking pan (this is a half recipe.. a full one does a 9x13 pan) Baked at 325 for about 30 - 40 minutes until they were just starting to turn a light brown, took them out and let them cool.

You would then need to make up some ganache, or be like me and keep some in the fridge at all times and just scoop some out and warm it up slightly. One I got this recipe from javacupcake I have had some in the house since.

For ganache
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened

Put chocolate chips (1 1/2 cups) in a heatproof bowl.
Bring cream to a boil in a small saucepan, then pour over chocolate chips and let mixture stand for one minute.
Gently whisk in butter until it is incorporated, chocolate is melted, and a smooth mixture forms

Spread this on top of the cooled brownies.. and then sprinkle with crushed peanuts if you would like.


BelleWood Acres is a local (lynden, Wa)apple farm that has the best apples and peanut butter ever. When you are lucky you can pick up their stuff at a local Haggens ( grocery store ) that my son and a good friend works at.... as soon as it comes in they both are bringing me some :) *love you guys*

~Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment