Saturday, November 20, 2010

Lenore

My name is Lenore, I'm in my 50s, and I have about 40 years of "Lenore in the kitchen disaster stories". It's not that I CAN'T cook, it's just that I get bored sometimes with the process and would rather be off reading a book instead of waiting for things to come to a boil or whatever Joy of Cooking tells you you're supposed to do. Also I have trouble making everything come out done at the same time so that everything on the dinner table is as hot and done as it's supposed to be but not overdone. Crockpot meals are my friends. I do have fun cooking sometimes, though, and when I learned how to make a white sauce that could then turn into either a gravy or a cheese sauce depending on what I did with it, I was thrilled at the possibilities! I haven't bought a Kraft Mac-n-Cheese Dinner since.

My husband and I moved to the Pacific Northwest about 15 years ago and just love the weather, the people, and the seafood. My husband's a great cook, but he's one of those people who rarely follows recipes, just opens the fridge and the cupboard and starts to work magic. I am always amazed. Maybe I'll start to take notes and post them here for you all to try!

My role here on the blog is to be Michelle's backup in case she's out camping in her motorhome, geocaching all over creation and can't get to the internet to post stuff. I like to think of myself also as part head cheerleader and part devil's advocate as she puts this whole blog thing together. So far it's been lots of fun and I hope you all feel the same way!

~Lenore

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Lenore for everything that you have done to get this blog started. For everything you have done and all the help you have been. I look forward to bouncing a lot more ideas around with you :)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete