Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dump Cake

Grease a 9"x13" pan.

Dump in one can crushed pineapple (undrained).

Then dump in one can of blueberry (or cherry) pie filling.

Next dump in one box of yellow (or white) cake mix.

Chop up one stick of butter into little bits and scatter them on top.

Dump in one cup chopped nuts.

Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 50 minutes.


Lenore's notes:
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law who said it was the perfect last-minute dessert. You can keep most of the items in your pantry and just grab them when needed.

Later I found the very same recipe in a church cookbook, so I guess a lot of people already know about it.

The cans of pineapple and pie filling should be about the same size. I believe it's called a "number 2" size; it's anywhere from 14 to 20 ounces.

Spread the ingredients out as you dump them into the pan. It's fun to say "dump them in" but really you're layering all the ingredients.

I've found that different brands of cake mixes will give different flavors. My preference is to use one that claims to make a moist cake. I've had success with Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow cake mix.

I like to use walnuts for this cake. I'm not sure what other nuts might be good for this recipe. Also, I don't think that one cup of chopped nuts is enough for this recipe so I usually put in more.

I'm not sure how many servings you can get out of this. I've served it several times for eight people and there are usually leftovers.

It's good topped with ice cream!

~Lenore

No comments:

Post a Comment