Friday, February 19, 2010

Cheese Pretzels



This recipe is so easy and great to make with kids.. there is a lot they can help with.

Mix together in a bowl

1 1/2 cups flour
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheese ( I love cheddar.. but any kind or mixture can be used)
1 TBSP melted butter
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

you just mix that until it is a soft dough.. .. then knead in the bowl a few times... then you break off little balls and roll them out into ropes... and form them into pretzels... (which I can not do very well ) or sticks.. or hearts or circles.. or whatever shape you would like.. we have tried a lot of different shapes.. they all taste Great!


Warm the oven to 375 degrees and place the pretzels on a greased cookie sheet. When the cookie sheet is full and before it goes in the oven I beat an egg and brush it on the pretzels then sprinkle Parmesan on top. Bake for about 20 minutes until the start to brown.

1 comment:

  1. These look really good. I stopped by to say hello and stayed longer than I planned. You have a lovely blog. I hope you have a wonderful day....Mary

    ReplyDelete